Full Time Retail Teller
Full Time Retail Teller
Immediate Supervisor: Retail Manager
Location: Marseilles, Ottawa, Morris
Employment Status: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Why OSB Community Bank?
OSB Community Bank is the oldest savings institution in the state of Illinois, serving our customers since 1871. OSB Community Bank has always supported organizations that seek to strengthen local business, community and family relationships throughout its market areas. With three locations, we continue to provide excellent customer service and support the needs of our communities. Through the wars, Great Depression and even the September 11, 2001 tragedy, we have continued to grow and succeed through our staff selection, sound banking practices, investments and the confidence of our customers who are always at the center of our success as a bank and business leader.
We strive to maintain the family-oriented roots of our beginnings, while maximizing the services we offer and providing the facilities with which to serve our customers effectively. We will continue to keep pace with the growth of the communities we serve and to meet the ever-changing needs of new residents and our dedicated customer base.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Greet customers and direct incoming calls to appropriate staff
- Accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals
- Adhere to check cashing and cash disbursement guidelines
- Always maintain an adequate cash drawer and individual cash limits; this includes buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary. Be prepared at the start
- Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations
- Utilize and develop an in depth understanding of Bank software and its resources
- Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line
- Provide additional products including Cashier’s Checks and Gift Cards
- Assist customers in accessing safe deposit boxes
- Promote the Bank’s products and services with every customer either in person, phone or electronically
- Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the workflow
- Work no more than 37.5-40 hours per week, with a minimum of 2 Saturday’s a month, unless discussed and agreed upon with the retail manager; hours may change due to staff availability and branch needs, such as covering for vacations, sick leave, lunches, training or meetings.
- Meet expectations for attendance & punctuality including mandatory trainings/meetings and scheduled work shifts
- Contribute to the fulfillment of branch and company objectives and goals
- Comply with all department, company and state or federal policies, procedures and regulations and complete all documentation
- Follow Security procedures and policies of the Bank, secure work in process and teller station
- Various other duties assigned as they relate to the Bank’s objectives and related functions and responsibilities of the position
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy
- Competence with computers, telephone, copy machine and other office machinery
- Ability to maintain a consistent, high level and focused work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & under pressure as needed
- Attend mandatory meetings during and/or after normal business hours
- Preparedness to make sound decisions; make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weigh customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions
- Capability to relate to individuals at all levels as unique situations present themselves
- Be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image
- Be familiar with retail banking and teller roles and responsibilities relating to each department of the Bank
What we have to offer:
- Safe, clean work environment that is team oriented with opportunities for growth.
- Salary is commensurate with training and experience.
- A great work schedule with most weekends off.
- Paid vacation time based on length of service.
- Health plan options, as well as, vision and dental plans for you and your dependents.
- Financial benefits including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401(k) plan.
- Continuing education benefits to help you grow and develop within our team and education assistance.
- Paid holiday time off including a paid day off in the month of your birthday and one paid day off for charitable giving.
- Opportunities to support local charitable organization.