Immediate Supervisor: Director of Retail/Chief Operating Officer
Employment Status: Full Time – Exempt
Contribution to the Mission Statement: The Retail Manager is primarily responsible for planning, leading, coordinating, overseeing and supporting the Retail Department’s sales, service, and quality control efforts, internally and externally, consistent with the Bank’s vision, mission, values, and strategic plan. Manages responsibilities in a systematic and cost-effective manner, ensuring maximum customer service and satisfaction and appropriate control over the processing of all transactions. Participates in departmental decision making and ensures the required protection of Bank assets. Supervises all branch retail tellers and Customer Service Representatives to ensure high quality customer service and assists in related training. Supports the departmental operations of the branch and ensures compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures. Monitors branch and bank performance, working closely and communicating with the Retail Director, the training coordinator, human resources, the marketing department and executive management to support the achievement of Retail Banking’s objectives. Fosters strong relationships with existing and potential customers to build loyalty, increase sales and bank profitability and add value for our shareholders.
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Greet customers and display excellent customer service skills to meet their needs and direct incoming calls and walk-in traffic to appropriate staff.
- Establish goals, strategies, policies and procedures that are consistent with overall bank policies, operating objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in oversight and perform all duties as required for new accounts (including business accounts, trusts, etc.), teller capture and teller services; ensure that all retail duties comply with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Promote all the Bank’s products and services to existing and potential customers either in person, by phone or electronically, in order to enhance existing relationships and develop new business.
- Contribute to the fulfillment of personal, branch and company goals and objectives by developing and maintaining Bank partner relationships in order to increase profitability.
- Effectively and efficiently handle complex customer concerns and inquiries and ensure that resolution is achieved.
- Cross-sell and/or refer deposit, credit, investment, and other products to customers/prospects to meet their financial needs and objectives.
- Call on and correspond with local businesses, organizations, clubs, societies, professional persons, existing customer base, etc. to develop profitable deposit account relationships.
- Advance knowledge of and ensure compliance with all departmental, Bank and federal/state banking policies, procedures and regulations and complete all necessary documentation accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain a working knowledge and apply the principals of general accounting, budgeting, record keeping, labor laws and policies within the financial institution.
- Maintain appropriate cash levels, balancing vault and coin machine; count, sort, audit and package money and other materials held under control; wrap currency and coin; verify money shipments received for vault reserve; audit gift cards and ensure availability; settle, balance and replenish ATM; oversee the processing night drops under the Bank’s established controls.
- Perform routine customer account management and maintenance.
- Follow all security procedures and maintain confidentiality of Bank and customer information; secure work in process and teller stations in accordance with Bank policies.
- Provide notary services.
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in the opening, maintaining and closing of deposit accounts including IRA’s, listing service and brokered CD’s.
- Carry out other assigned duties as they relate to the Bank’s objectives and functions and responsibilities of the position.
Retail Lending responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Interview customers, take applications, gather information and process preliminary documentation on retail loan requests.
- Evaluate and verify loan applications and credit criteria. Compute debt-to-income ratios. Verify applicant employment and income. Determine value of collateral and compute loan-to-value ratios. Approve loans within limits of authority or refer to loan supervisor/loan committee for approval and notify applicants of loan decisions. Request additional information if required.
- Prepare all necessary loan documents and ensure that all documents are complete and accurate.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop prospects.
- Maintain strong knowledge of and ensure compliance with all departmental, Bank and federal/state banking policies, procedures and regulations.
- Prepare and provide to management all lending reports as assigned.
- Carry out other assigned duties as they relate to the Bank’s objectives and functions and responsibilities of the position.
Supervisory Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Lead, coach, mentor, motivate and train retail tellers and co-workers to meet present and future requirements using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; manage commitments, uphold organizational values, mission and vision statements with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrate ability to delegate.
- Effectively communicate and promote a high level of cooperation between all departments and employees within the Bank.
- Support Bank policies and initiatives and always promote a positive image of the Bank.
- Oversee the overall performance of the Retail Department staff to ensure they have a strong working knowledge of all retail deposit products and services.
- Keep staff informed of changes and ensure customer service areas of the Bank are appropriately maintained and staffed.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of management procedures.
- Ensure the achievement of Bank/departmental goals by establishing and effectively communicating objectives, developing strategies and procedures and effectively monitoring performance.
- Guide staff toward desired objectives by effectively delegating, motivating, resolving conflicts, developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding staff members as appropriate.
- Ensure the observance of branch opening and closing procedures, managing the security and safety of the branch by adhering to security and safety policies and procedures and alert staff to any changes.
- Assist HR Department in reviewing and reporting PTO and sick leave and other human resource- related issues while preserving confidentiality.
- Perform supervision of Customer Service Representatives and retail tellers with the assistance of the lead tellers and Director of Retail while maintaining responsibility for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws; complete performance reviews, address complaints and resolve conflicts
- Perform development plans, proficiency tracker reviews and employee performance evaluations of staff members to ensure the attainment of personal and professional goals in a timely manner.
- Communicate and discuss the performance of the branch, exchange ideas and discuss the activities of local competition.
- Create retail teller and CSR schedules for the branch monthly; ensure staffing is appropriate and that the highest standards of customer service are maintained; review teller and customer service staff timesheets for accuracy and approved hours.
- Ensure that customer service materials and displays are kept up to date and that customer access areas of the Bank are kept clean and tidy; order branch supplies as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a conducive internal environment to ensure maximum efficiency in implementing Bank policies and procedures.
- Assist BSA Officer, Compliance Officer and Director of Retail with oversight of monetary transaction logs, CTR filings and reporting of suspicious activity.
- Support the department’s day-to-day operations by providing superior supervisory skills.
- Assist the Director of Business Development, the Marketing department and Bank management in organizing branch promotions.
- Generate, review and analyze production reports and action plans.
- Maintain various logs such as teller sales and goal tracking, tax payments, etc.
- Carry out other assigned duties as they relate to the Bank’s objectives and the responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must be able to provide own transportation between all Bank locations and maintain valid insurance.
- Adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment, changing approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Arrive at work on time, ready to fulfill all duties. Ensure that work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrive at meetings and appointments on time, well prepared and ready to participate.
- Demonstrate the ability to multitask, plan, prioritize and direct daily operations as well as the ability to organize and coordinate the schedules and tasks of others.
- Exhibit confidence in self and others. Inspire, recognize and motivate others to perform well. Give and welcome feedback to/from others. Support and respect diversity.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little to no supervision as well as the ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
- Build strong morale and ensure group commitments to Bank goals and objectives.
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses. Pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share expertise with others.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively. Listen and get clarification. Respond well to questions.
- Provide excellent customer service. Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Respond promptly to customer questions, product inquiries or complaints. Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness. Develop and present innovative approaches and ideas.
- Approach others in a tactful manner. React well under pressure. Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accept responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrate competence in the operation of computers and related software and applications, telephone, copy machine and other office machinery. Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Be prepared to make sound decisions regarding both employee and customer relations. Weigh customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud. Demonstrate sound thought process and the ability to rationalize decisions.
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality, accuracy and efficiency. Complete work in a timely manner. Enhance Bank profitability by looking for new ways to attract new customers and improve customer service.
- Be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Understand and foster the relationship between retail banking and each of the other departments within the Bank.
Benefits along the way...
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401K retirement plan with employer match
- Opportunities to Support Local Charitable Organization
- Continuing Education Benefits
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Incentive Opportunities
- Length of Service Awards
- Paid Holiday, Birthday, Vacation, and Sick Days Available
- Health Plan Options Available, Including Family Vision and Dental Plans
- Salary is commensurate with training and experience
OSB Community Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic appointed by law. More information about applicant rights under federal employment laws are available at https://myosb.bank/Careers/entryid/592/retail-manager. Supplement document information is also available at https://myosb.bank/Careers/entryid/592/retail-manager.